Friends of Bryony
The Friends of Bryony are an enthusiastic group of volunteers who meet monthly to plan and organise a range of activities for Bryony House residents and support the home.
These activities complement those organised by the staff and are largely based around entertainment and handicrafts. The Friends Annual Summer Fete raises funds for Easter, Christmas and Birthday cards and gifts for the residents, and all these popular and informal events provide time for everyone to meet together. Some relatives have become Friends themselves.
Regular activities and events include
- Monthly Music Time where a variety of musicians entertain residents and encourage audience participation
- Handicraft sessions. Painting, card making, Christmas decorations
- Themed party afternoons and tea-time social events. Reminiscences, Musical Bingo
- Fortnightly chair based keep fit including Balloon Folly (alternate Mondays at 2:00pm)
- Fortnightly Service of Worship
- The sale of toiletries
- Hairdresser (Tuesdays at (9:15am)
- Themed suppers (fish & chips),
- Aromatherapy and massage
Residents have also enjoyed excursions and visits by friends and relatives to Bryony House are always encouraged.